Anney texted me on Friday and asked if we'd like to FaceTime this weekend. Of course I said yes but was curious as to the reason. I knew they had something to tell us because we had just talked to them last Sunday and usually do the video call every other week. Well, the exciting news is that they're expecting a baby in April! So very exciting! Finley was cute when he showed us the picture of the ultrasound and told us the baby is in mommy's tummy. When asked what he thought they should name the baby he said "Lucy" because he wants a little sister. Boy or girl? We don't care. We'll love him/her so much either way. This is going to be SO hard to have a new little one that far away though. Time to figure out how to (a) earn more money or (b) spend less and save more so that we can go visit the wee one. Such a blessing! They want to surprise the rest of the family in November when we're all together so we're not supposed to say anything. I think Finley will slip before then and say something when they're having FaceTime chats but we promised not to say anything to anyone. That's a hard secret to keep. I want to tell everyone I know that I'm getting another grandbaby to love!
Finley is super excited about Halloween, still over a month away. Anney made him the cutest costume, Kai from the Lego Ninjago movie. Chad says he wears the costume all the time. He's going to have it worn out before Halloween ever comes! I miss those times with my boys. I always made their costumes too and it was a fun time. Now I'm an old grinch and don't much like the holiday.
After that excitement Derek, Shelby and Zoe arrived for our Sunday dinner. We were celebrating Derek's birthday (for the second time) and he had asked for "brinner" which is breakfast for dinner. I always have to make him a raspberry white chocolate cheesecake for his birthday so that was dessert. During dinner Derek asked us if we'd be willing to watch Zoe on Thursdays. Of course we jumped at the opportunity and said yes! Shelby wants to taking training and licensing to become a travel agent. She's interested in that plus is looking for a way to make some money while at home. It will be quite a few years before Derek is earning a good salary and so they're working hard and trying to make things happen. Doug and I have had a huge hole in our hearts since our Finley moved away and Thursdays have been really hard because that was our special day with him. Now we get to spend it with our sweet Zoe! Derek comes up to Weber County on Thursdays to teach and so will just bring her with him and then pick her up on the way home in the evening. It will be harder than when we had Finley because we're three years older and I'm sure not as mobile as I was then (stupid knee!) but Doug is usually home on Thursdays and can do the floor thing. Between the two of us we'll manage fine. We're just thrilled to spend more time with the sweetheart and get to know her better before they leave in less than a year.

No comments:
Post a Comment