Derek’s gang came up on Sunday for our family dinner. It was fun to have them but sad that there were only the five of us. We took “sad” pictures to send to Matt and Chad. Zoe was very confused when we were all being sad and it made us laugh! She’s getting so big and learning new things every day. She eats with relish and enjoys anything put in front of her. She’s not crawling yet but is scooting, rolling, and getting where she wants to be. She’s growing up way too fast.
Derek had a Skype call today with the head of the theory department at CUNY (City University of New York) and said it went really well. While he hasn’t officially applied anywhere yet for his doctoral program it seems to be looking more and more like he’ll end up in New York. They’ll live out of the city, probably out of the state, in New Jersey or somewhere and he’ll have a long commute but downtown NY is no place to raise a family. Time will tell if they end up there or somewhere else but at any rate it’s getting to be real. By this time next year Doug and I will be the only ones left in Utah. That’s going to be hard.
I’m getting the urge to pick up my cross stitching again. I haven’t worked on any cross stitch projects for well over a year, probably closer to two. I have so many things going at once but that has never stopped me from starting something else! I promised myself that I wouldn’t start a new cross stitch project until I finished the family tree that I started probably four (or more) years ago. I’m SO close to being done with it. I got discouraged when I realized how much it would cost to frame it and so stopped working on it. I think I’ve finally decided to just sew a border on it and make a wall hanging. Who says that it has to be framed, right? Hopefully I’ll have a finish within the next few weeks with a picture to prove that I got it done!
Speaking of family trees, I’m also vowing to get back to my genealogy research. There are times and seasons for everything but I’ve been neglecting that and spending time on things that really don’t matter. My Crohn’s flares have prevented me from attending the temple like I want to but I feel if I’m working on family history and finding names for temple work that I’m still participating in this important work. Time to shift priorities again!
One last thing. Tonight as Doug and I read together in the New Testament a portion of a verse (John 12:35) jumped out at me and I’ve been pondering it since. “...for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.” Plain and simple yet profound. Where am I walking?



No comments:
Post a Comment