Friday, September 28, 2018

The big apple

The apples on our tree are huge this year! We've sure been enjoying them. Doug does a great job keeping it sprayed. Some of them are still wormy and some of them that don't look wormy still are because the nasty little buggers go right up the core and you can't tell. Oh well, we just always cut them first and it works out okay. I still have way too much apple butter, applesauce and apple pie filling on the shelves from previous years so I guess we'll just eat and share these this year.
Zoe came to play with me tonight. Her parents wanted to go see Ragtime (the latest musical that Derek did music direction for). She was such a sweetheart and I had fun playing with her. She'll eat anything you put in front of her (such a difference from trying to find anything that Finley would eat). After dinner we went for a stroll around the block and there was a beautiful sunset. I snapped a picture with my phone which didn't do it justice but it helps me remember that fun time with my special little girl. I was nervous that she wouldn't want to go to bed since the last time I tried putting her to bed here was not fun. This time she didn't let out a peep and went right to sleep. Yay!

No comments: