Monday, September 3, 2018

My heart is healing

My heart is healing thanks to family, friends and technology. I still miss Chad, Anney and Finley every day but it's not as painful as it was at first. It helps that we've been able to FaceTime with Finley once (and he took us on a tour of his new house) and they've been good about sending pictures and posting videos. I'm excited to go visit them in October (only six more weeks!) but hope we don't meet any critters during our stay. Anney sent a picture of a lizard in her kitchen sink and Chad has already killed one scorpion. Shudder!
We've been able to spend a bit more time with our precious Zofia, (Zoe, Zofie, Zosia, etc) which has helped a lot. Doug and I went down to Murray last Thursday for a few hours before choir so we could play with her. We then ate a quick dinner at Zupa's, I dropped him off at rehearsal and then headed home. The traffic was horrendous though so I think next time we decide to do that I'll have him drop me off at the train station and I can ride the train home and he can drive home later when the traffic has calmed down a bit. Being on the freeway between 4-7PM anymore is just a nightmare. I'm sure it's bad for the morning commute too and I'm never out them. I keep telling Doug that we're moving to Star Valley, Wyoming where they are fewer people and a lot less traffic congestion!
I've been super busy with work for the last three weeks (a true blessing because my checks will pay for our trip to Tucson) but now I don't have any this week. I was supposed to accomplish a lot in my sewing room but it hasn't happened yet. I did throw together a keyboard cover for Chad's keyboard so it wouldn't get scratched up on the trip to Tucson. His friend Kayla Strong and her mom came and picked up their car and the remainder of their stuff on Friday night and took a road trip down to Tucson and delivered it to Chad and Anney. So very nice of them!
Today I got to play with Zoe while Derek and Shelby went to a movie and that was more fun than sewing anyway!  She has such a personality! We went to Walmart so she could see Grandpa and of course she charmed everyone in the store and the pharmacy. She fell asleep on the way home and then after she woke up we played inside for a while, I fed her, and then we went outside until they came to get her. She's such a sweetheart and I'm glad we're getting to see more of her now. 
My current sewing project is a little dolly quilt for her for her birthday. I pieced a play quilt and will take it to my long arm quilter this week for Zoe but then wanted to make/buy a dolly and then make a matching dolly quilt and pillow for her gift. I love making homemade gifts from the heart. She's probably still a little young for a dolly and blanket but she'll grow into them. I just wasn't happy with the baby quilt I made for Zosia when she was born. It was cute but muted in color and I wanted something a little brighter so made her a miniature version of the 30s quilt that is on my bed. Much brighter and happier! I'm just sewing together 2.5" squares to make the dolly quilt.

No comments: