We then separated and Derek went to school while Zoë and Shelby went back home so the little one could have a nap. Doug wanted to go to Palmyra and visit the Sacred Grove. The only time I'd been there was with the choir when we were on tour in the area so my memory of that place is with half the choir tromping through, trying to be quiet and reverent, but not really succeeding. Doug and I had the place to ourselves. We saw one couple leaving but no one else was about. It truly was a beautiful spot with a reverent feeling. I'm glad we were able to go back.
We drove over to the temple and walked around the grounds there and then over to the Hill Cumorah site. Unfortunately there was an entire busload of tourists at Hill Cumorah so we didn't stay long there. I'm glad we missed them at the Sacred Grove! We stopped in downtown Palmyra for a quick lunch (not many choices in a town that size) and then toured the EB Grandin print shop where the Book of Mormon was first published. The drive to and from Palmyra was beautiful and it was nice to have some alone time with Doug.
That evening we took the kids out for dinner. Derek had heard about a ribs place so we decided to try that. It was very crowded and we had to wait a bit but the food was amazing and we had a fun time. Zoë charmed the waitress as well as the surrounding diners. Fun night but then time to head back to the cottage. I didn't know that the cottage would be so far from the kids. 20-25 minutes each way each time (more with construction) and so pitch black with no street lights getting there. It was a fun spot but we won't stay there again.
No comments:
Post a Comment