Sunday, September 29, 2019
9/29/19 - Day 5
It turns out that staying in a cottage on the lake wasn't quite as awesome and romantic as I thought it would be. Yes, the view was beautiful and I loved eating our breakfast in the fun little breakfast nook/sunroom while watching the lake. However, we soon discovered that a bit of wind could really change the character of the lake quickly and loud/crashing waves could make for a long sleepless night!
Church was early at 9:30 (well, that's early for me) and so we had to get moving in order to get there in time. We decided to just meet the kids there since it was about equidistant from our place. It took us about 25 minutes to get there and that's about how long it takes them to get there as well. The scenery was beautiful through beautiful farmland but I'm sure glad I don't have to travel that far to church each Sunday. We are truly blessed and spoiled to have our church practically next door to us in Utah!
After church we went back to the kids' place and had an awesome roast beef dinner that Shelby prepared. Derek peeled potatoes, Doug shucked corn, and I cleaned and prepared Brussels sprouts so we all helped out. The meal was wonderful and the company even better. I really miss our Sunday family dinners so this was nice!
We all rested a bit after lunch while Zoë napped and then we packed a picnic dinner and headed to Letchworth State Park. It was about a 45 minute ride. The park was lovely with a beautiful waterfall. I'd love to have seen it with colorful fall weeks but we were a few weeks too early for that. It was still gorgeous though and fun to be with family.
Got back to the house and after Zoë went to bed we stayed for a short time to play a game with the kids. Derek and Shelby have to get up so early and Doug and I were exhausted from the lack of sleep so we didn't stay long but it was fun to talk and play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment