I also know that I'm great at starting projects but not so great at finishing projects so I had to make myself a firm deadline and what deadline is firmer than non-refundable flight tickets? I made sure that Matt and Sherlyn would be home for Labor Day weekend and then I started the project.
The patterns came out weekly and I kept up fairly well. Some worked up quickly; some did not. The flying Ford Anglia in the whomping willow sorely tried my patience but I finally got it done. I'm not really pleased with the way the quilting turned out. It's Harry Potter motifs (sorting hat, Hedwig, wand, glasses, broom, etc) but I feel like it distracts a bit from the blocks up close. Oh well, it is what it is.
Overall I'm happy with the outcome and think Matt liked it too. I call him Hagrid at times because of the big bushy beard. One day when Zoë was here we were watching a Harry Potter movie. She walked in the room as a closeup of Hagrid appeared on the screen. She shouted excitedly, "Matt! Friend! Matt!" It was adorable.

No comments:
Post a Comment