Monday, September 2, 2019

Dahlias


Monday morning we got going a bit later than planned because my stomach wasn't cooperating. We finally made it over to Matt's place around 11:30. We were headed to a dahlia festival about 25 minutes from their place so we stopped at Safeway and got some "snacky food" to eat in the car since we had such a late breakfast.


Wow! What a sight when we pulled up to this dahlia farm. Acres and acres (40 acres in all) of every color, shape, size and variety of dahlias imaginable. We couldn't believe the different varieties and soon were on sensory overload.


It was a beautiful day, albeit a little warm, with a lovely blue sky and it was fun to just wander through looking at everything. I guess that the fields are open to the public throughout the season but this happened to be the festival day so they had live music, food and drink vendors, etc. Had we realized there was food there we would've just got something there but did buy some cold triple berry lemonade.

Doug and I were psyched to order a bunch of dahlias for our yard but once we started reading how much work they are and how attractive they are to snails we decided that we didn't want to deal with the hassle.  It sure was a fun day though and I'm glad Sherlyn found out about it.



Back to the hotel to have a nap (I think there's a theme going here...) before dinner.

We told Matt to choose a fun place for us to take them for his birthday dinner. We ended up at a Middle Eastern restaurant called Tusk in downtown Portland. It was really good. I loved the hummus and could've eaten a whole plate of that by myself. 

Went back to the apartment for a few more games of Sequence and then back to the hotel.

No comments: