Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Roses and home


I purposely made our return flight for later in the day so that we'd be able to do a few things before leaving Portland. We had planned on meeting Matt for lunch but his schedule filled up in a hurry as soon as he started work in the morning so that didn't happen. We had a leisurely breakfast at the hotel and took our time checking out and then headed to the Rose Gardens. We had visited there with Matt and Sherlyn four years ago when we came and Doug especially wanted to see them again. I was hoping to visit the Japanese Gardens, which are just across the street, but with our late start to the day we just didn't have time. Maybe next visit!

I had to laugh when I had a chance to sit down later at the airport and view the pictures I'd taken. Somehow I had managed to change my settings and the first dozen or so pictures were all in black and white. I felt a little like Ansel Adams!  I'm glad that somehow I managed to change my settings back (still don't have a clue what I did) so the rest of the pictures were in glorious technicolor!


We headed to the airport early and just decided to eat lunch there. After our close call on Friday we wanted to give ourselves plenty of time. Of course, there was NO line this time. We found a little cafe and I had a really good burger and fries and then later grabbed a triple berry shake from Burgerville. I figured I could have what I wanted on the last day of vacation and before heading back to normalcy! 

No comments: