Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Day 5: Wednesday


Wednesday Chad and Anney got going really early so they could get to California Adventure Park early and get a fast pass for the Radiator Springs Lightning McQueen ride that Finley wanted to go on so badly. Well....he was about 1/4” too short and they wouldn’t let him on the ride. Chad was furious and I don’t blame him. They hadn’t checked Finley’s height at all on any of the other rides for two days and suddenly they decided to. I understand rules but also know that it was probably just the attendant that day with an attitude. It’s not as if he was 2” too short or that he’d be on the ride alone since Chad was going with him. It’s probably a good thing I wasn’t there because I would have been quite ornery about it. Sheesh!  Finley was better about it than the adults were though. He was disappointed but didn’t cry. I felt like crying for him though! Oh well, maybe they’ll go back another year but still. Grrr!


I had texted everyone that morning that I wanted to meet for a group picture. I told them that they didn’t have to want to do it and didn’t have to like it but that they needed to be there! I don’t like my picture taken either but hey, after spending $10K on a vacation I wanted at least one picture of us all together. Matt, Sherlyn, Chad and gang were all over by Pixar Pier when I texted and Matt said there was a photographer there that would take the picture which was great since I had just planned on stopping some random person and handing them my phone. This guy did a great job and I was happy with the photos he took. I didn’t know at first but the photos were part of the ticket price (I had purchased upgraded tickets) and so we didn’t have to pay extra for the photos. Anney and Chad got some cute ones with Mickey Mouse and in Cars Land by some of the other photographers.



We went on some more rides with the kids and then Chad and Anney had tickets for the Soaring over the World ride so we watched the boys while they did that (and got some chicken nuggets for Finley for his lunch) and then Doug and I went on that ride which we enjoyed.  I wanted to buy a t-shirt for David since it was his birthday and I also wanted to get an ornament for my travel tree so we ducked into a few shops.


We were on the way to meet up with Derek and Shelby to go on the Jungle Cruise when the heavens opened and it started pouring!  I had packed rain slickers but left them back at the house since rain was not in the forecast. We ran into a souvenir hoping to wait it out but it kept coming. Chad called me and said that he and Derek were going to run to get the cars so that the two babies didn’t get soaked so off they ran (and got soaked completely through in the process!) They ran to the rental van and then Derek drove Chad to his car which was further away. Doug ran over to where Anney was waiting with the two boys to help her with them and once we got the phone call that they were nearing the pick up place we headed out there. It took forever because there were so many people trying to exit at once and we were all wet but it was so much better than trying to go 1-2 miles with babies in strollers in the pouring rain. It was quite the deluge and we were all freezing when we got back to the house.  Matt and Sherlyn had left earlier so I texted him and told him to order dinner (we had already talked about ordering dim sum) so he did that and by the time we fought traffic and got home and everyone got dried and changed the food had arrived. It was fun to all sit down together and eat and talk about our day and the great rain adventure.


No comments: