I finally got this quilt finished for Ari and in the nick of time too since I want to take it with me to California and give it to him/Anney there. I decided that since he'd be a little boy much longer than he'd be a baby that I'd go with a theme that wasn't too babyish. I had fun doing this but with as many projects going on at a time as I always have, this particular project just kept getting pushed aside.
Well, there's nothing like a deadline to motivate me so today I finished quilting it (serpentine lines in a bright variegated thread), made the pieced binding and then sat and listened to Harry Potter while I worked on the binding this afternoon.
I've never made a reversible quilt before but found such cute monster fabric that I wanted to feature it. I'm happy with the result and all the bright colors should make a fun blanket for Ari to look at during tummy time. I also wanted to make some little monsters to go with it and found a cute and easy pattern. The hardest part was doing everything by machine, including the eyes, so that it's baby safe. I'd do things different next time but I still like the little guys.
Can't wait to see my cute little boy on his monster quilt in just five more days!!


No comments:
Post a Comment