Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Snowman row quilt done


Jerri and I signed up for a block of the month program at Quilter's Attic in Bountiful at the beginning of the year. Normally when I sign up for these kinds of programs I finish them, eventually, but never within the given time frame. I kept up on this one though and was excited to finish it in time to have it quilted, bound and hung by the winter season. I plan on leaving it up through January since it's really more of a winter scene than a Christmas scene and I purposefully used fabrics that would work for more than one month too.  Jerri, however, was an overachiever and made not one, but four of the same quilt. She did one in the kit colors (but different sashing and borders than mine) and then did three others in a blue colorway. They're all great.  This was supposed to be a "learning quilt" because it taught several different techniques. Well, I learned that I still hate paper piecing (the church row) and I'm not a fan of hand applique (snowman row), but partial seams (the poinsettia row) aren't too bad. All in all I'm happy with it.

No comments: