Thursday, December 27, 2018
Movie day
Since Derek and Shelby are off on a 10-day cruise celebrating their 5th anniversary and Zoe is staying with her other grandparents we didn't tend today. Also Doug didn't have rehearsal (a once yearly occurrence) and so we had the whole day/night free. I worked a bit in the morning while Doug worked on his puzzle. We went to the Newgate Mall and had lunch at the Greek place in the food court. It's always good and we enjoy eating there. We then went to see Mary Poppins Returns. As soon as I knew the movie was coming out I knew I wanted to see it. Doug wasn't quite so sure since he's such a Julie Andrews fan. It was my very favorite movie as a child though and I was anxious to see this sequel. Wow, what a great show. We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The theater was completely sold out and I think the majority of patrons were people around our age, people who knew and loved the original movie. It was fun to see nods to the original movie in this script. It was a great day and I loved spending it with my best friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment