I had blueberry pancakes this morning while Doug had the "light" breakfast again. It was hard saying goodbye to that peaceful place with the amazing food. We headed out for South Carolina after breakfast. It was a rather boring drive on an interstate the whole way. It gets tiring being on winding mountain roads but it's easier to stay awake and be alert in that situation. Doug drove halfway and I drove halfway and we made it in one piece. We stopped in Simpsonville for lunch at a Coach House restaurant. I had salty but good chicken and dumplings. We had to kill time so stopped in at a quilt shop. I almost bought some things but reality reared its head and reminded me that I have plenty of fabric and also have upcoming dental bills. We drove over to the Day's Inn where we had reservations only to find out that they had reserved a smoking room for us and didn't have any nonsmoking ones left. So, we cancelled, got on the Hotels.com and found a room at a Best Western in Piedmont, just outside of Greenville. Checked in, tried to nap, and then headed to downtown Greenville to the Reedy Falls Park, a beautiful park with gardens, sculptures and walkways along the river. There's a suspension bridge with a view of the falls. Of course, I prefer the mountain waterfalls but it was still pretty. We wandered along the paths for a while, walked up and down Main Street reading menus and trying to decide where to eat, and finally ended up at Smoke on the Water, a BBQ restaurant. The ribs were amazing but there was way too much food and I ended up leaving more than half my meal. I hate to do that but oh well. Back to the hotel to veg for a bit before bedtime. Tomorrow we head back to Charlotte since we fly out the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment