Saturday, October 7, 2017

Day 6

We both had yummy bananas foster french toast this morning. We didn't really have any definite plans for the day.  We definitely planned a longer vacation than we needed for what we wanted to see. We could've easily flown home today and still felt like we had a great vacation but our flight doesn't go out until Wednesday and it costs too much to change at this point. So we spent the morning wandering around some shops. Visited an Appalachian dulcimer shop and talked to the fascinating craftsman and musician there. I bought three of his CDs. It's such a relaxing sound and will be great to listen to while sewing.  I told him that's what I'd do and he said that he always has really good sales at quilt shows for that reason. The dulcimers he makes are beautiful. I didn't dare ask the price....


As we were driving through town I saw a salt and pepper shaker museum, rolled my eyes, and laughingly pointed it out to Doug. Well...he wanted to go visit it. Why? Because his mom collected salt and pepper shakers. So, off we went. It was interesting and slightly kitschy. However, now I can tell everyone that I've been to the only salt and pepper shaker museum in the world!  Doug saw several sets that his mom had owned and bought a set each for Joleen and Beth.











Napped this afternoon, went to a grocery store to get food for tomorrow, and now just waiting until dinner. We decided to just eat here tonight. They serve a meal each night and the breakfasts have been so good that I'm sure the dinner will be great.  We'll be driving into Sevierville in the morning for church. It will probably take about 45 minutes to get there. While there's a church on every corner, and several in between (I've never seen so many churches before; we're definitely in the Bible Belt) we've only seen one LDS chapel on our trip and that was back in North Carolina. I think church members are few and far between here. I take for granted the few steps I have to walk to church on Sunday morning.

No comments: