The alarm was set to go off at 4AM, however, I woke up at 2:30, this after not getting to sleep until about midnight. It's been a long day.... We drove to Murray to park at Derek and Shelby's place and then Derek took us to the airport. On the way he told us the tragic news of a mass shooting in Las Vegas last night. At last count there are 58 dead and over 500 wounded. My heart is broken. I just don't understand. When we got to the airport every TV was showing news coverage. I just don't understand.
We flew to Denver, had a long enough layover to grab some yogurt and pastries to take on the plane for the next leg into Charlotte. Doug spent most of that flight talking to the guy next to him while I alternately read and zoned. Rented a vehicle and drove 97 miles to Hendersonville. We're staying at an 1880s mansion with some great architectural details and fun antiques. I think we have the place to ourself tonight. Evidently the town closes down on Monday so there weren't many places to eat. We found a great Japanese place though where Doug had sushi and I had noodles with veggies and chicken. Now we're in lala land. The lack of sleep is catching up to me since the last few nights have been really bad. Hopefully we can sleep tonight. Unfortunately the cute house is on a busy and noisy road.... and...it's cold in here.
Tomorrow we visit the Biltmore.

No comments:
Post a Comment