Sunday, October 8, 2017

Day 7

I had blackberry cream stuffed waffles this morning and Doug had eggs benedict. Boy, I'm going to miss this place! One more breakfast here and then the next day is going to be a stale pastry from Days Inn. That's going to be harsh! Of course, I'm sure I've gained back several of the pounds I lost so once we ge home it's back to the gym for me and back to living on yogurt, fruits and veggies.

After breakfast we drove to Sevierville for church....along a winding mountain road. I thought it might be a very small ward but it was a big building and the chapel and overflow were packed.  Of course, there was a missionary farewell and the ward got a new bishopric, all on one day. It was a great meeting and I'm glad we were there. It's always comforting to attend a meeting away from home and feel at home and comfortable there.



We tried to find a covered bridge but had no luck. Came back to the Inn and asked one of the employees and found out it was only a few miles from here. So...we went in a pouring rain to take pictures. We sat around all yesterday afternoon on a nice day and could've gone then had we known where it was. Doug is a good sport though and knows I love covered bridges so sloshed through the mud and puddles with me. Came back to the Inn and ate peanut butter sandwiches and assorted things we had packed. We didn't have enough for two meals but at least that way we only had to purchase one meal on Sunday.  We Face Timed with Chad, Anney and Finley for 10-15 minutes. Finley was being silly and making faces but it was still good to talk to him. We've missed him! Nap time next then to a yummy Italian restaurant for dinner. I think we'll be emanating garlic for days though. The Inn had DVDs so we grabbed "An American in Paris" and watched that tonight. Catching up in our journals and off to bed. We're headed to South Carolina tomorrow. I'm not sure what we're going to find to do in the rain but oh well!


No comments: