Sunday, April 8, 2018

Birthday and Easter celebration

We had a fun evening with our belated Easter celebration and celebrating Anney's and Shelby's birthdays. It was Anney's turn to choose the menu (Shelby will choose next month) and she chose chili. Well, that was easy so on Saturday I made two big pots of chili, tomato based with ground turkey and white bean chicken chili. It was nice to have them made a day ahead so all I had to do for dinner was cut up some veggies and make a pan of cornbread. She had requested peanut butter bars for dessert so that doubled as the birthday cake. The kids went to the park to play tennis for a little while before dinner and left Finley and Zoe here with us. That was fun!  Finley still isn't too sure about the baby but is getting better with her. He's not impressed though when Doug holds her. He's just not sure about having to share his grandpa with someone else. I can't say that I blame him since he and Doug are best friends and he's had him to himself for three years.


After dinner we had an Easter egg hunt out in the backyard. Finley had fun running as fast as he could around the yard looking for the eggs. He loved finding his Easter basket too which held an assortment of Paw Patrol toys. I'm not sure that Zofia was too impressed with her basket, although she did enjoy nibbling on her new stuffed bunny!




Although I was still coughing and not feeling 100% I was so happy to have my family together and missed Matt and Sherlyn even more. It's going to be so hard when Derek and Shelby are gone too.



No comments: