Friday, April 27, 2018

Baseball at Walmart



Doug had to work today and both he and Finley miss each other a lot when that happens, so I usually try to make something work out. Doug's lunch wasn't until late today so I didn't think Finley could wait that long to have a picnic so we just planned to go visit him at work (in Clinton this time) for a short while. It worked out that Doug would be able to leave for lunch within a half hour and so Finley and I went to the McDonald's in the store for a quick lunch while we waited (since we had an apple and peanut butter dip snack earlier which threw lunchtime off). Anyway, it worked out well. Walmart has a nice grassy area next to the parking lot and I had chairs in the back of the vehicle so we got chairs out, Doug ate his lunch, Finley finished his chocolate milk, and then they had time to run around and play baseball for a while. Finley is very competitive (gee, wonder where he gets that from?) and when they were racing he kept putting his arm out so that Doug couldn't pass him because he wanted to win!  I got the bat and ball out and Finley immediately picked up the bat upside down and was playing that way. I was too busy laughing and taking pictures at first to correct him. What a funny kid! It was only about a 30 minute break in the day but it was fun and I'm glad I made the effort to take him there. It was very warm and we came home and played in the cool basement until his parents came to pick him up.

No comments: