Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Random musings

Yesterday was a wonderful day. A nice early lunch with two of my best friends started the day. There are so many trite sayings about friendship but many accurate thoughts too. I like "when friends meet, hearts warm." My heart was truly warmed yesterday.

.


In the evening hubby and I attended a chocolate class. I learned more in two hours about cacao beans, harvesting, fermenting, cleaning, roasting, hulling, grinding and conching than I thought I'd ever know. We learned about the different growers, different places the beans are grown, and different chocolate makers. Finally we got to sample several fine chocolates (after initially sampling a bad to mediocre bar). It was fascinating to note the different look, aroma, texture and feel of these dark chocolate bars. I'll never look at chocolate the same way again and my buying habits will reflect that. It was a fun evening with my honey.



This morning we woke up to snow yet again. My poor purple primrose is struggling under the weight of the snow. I know that given a few hours the snow will melt and the flower will be more beautiful and vibrant than ever. Sometimes I feel weighed down with heavy burdens too but have to remember that if I bear them well, I too will feel better in the end and hopefully will have learned and applied the lesson intended. As the flower needs the water from the snow, so I need the humility and faith that come from trials.

No comments: