Thursday, March 31, 2011

One year...


Today marks the one year anniversary of Mom's passing. What a long year it has been. How I miss our shopping excursions, lunch dates, stitching, sewing and crocheting afternoons, and most of all our long conversations and those silly times when we'd giggle uncontrollably like a couple of schoolgirls.

I have a planter of beautiful hyacinths on the front porch. I will always think of mom when I see and smell hyacinths. She loved them and loved to have fresh flowers in the house from her garden. I didn't realize it at the time but she taught me a lot of classic poetry as I was growing up. One of my favorites that she quoted often:

When thou of fortune be bereft
And in thy stores there be but left
Two loaves, sell one and with the dole
Buy hyacinths to feed the soul.



1 comment:

Bjorge Queen said...

I was thinking about the one year anniversary too. I love that picture. What a nice way to remember her.