This silly little celtic knot cross stitch piece has been hanging on my cork board for just over a year. I began it in the final few weeks of my mom's life. I needed something portable and easy to take with me as I sat by her side at her home and then at the care center. She enjoyed watching me work on it although diabetes had robbed her of much of her vision and she was no longer able to stitch, sew or even crochet. I finished it up right before she passed away but then haven't been able to make myself do anything with it.
It's been a hard week here and I've missed having her to talk things out with. I went down to my "happy room" today to try and find a project to work on that would get me out of the depressed mood. I saw the celtic knot hanging there and decided today was the day to finish it into something.
As I looked at it, I realized that the knot is continuous with no beginning and no end, it is eternal and endless. I'm grateful to know that family relationships can be that way too and to know that I'll see my mom again someday. And so now when I look at the knot I don't see a memory of her death, but rather a symbol of neverending love.
No comments:
Post a Comment