I finally finished the center block of my lap size Christmas quilt. There are 145 pieces of fabric in there (yes, I counted!) and it is roughly 22.5 inches square. It's not perfect but it's done. I'll be glad when the top is finished so I can get it off to my quilter. The plan is to artfully drape it over my couch during the Christmas season. Of course, I'll have to leave the artful draping to someone else!
It's hard for me to work off-season on seasonal projects (i.e. Christmas projects in April, 4th of July projects in October, etc.) but that's the only way to get them done so that I can display them in their correct season. Now I need to get busy on some Christmas cross stitch pictures.
2 comments:
I have 9 squares from a halloween group quilt and I've had them for two years now. Maybe one Halloween I'll finish it.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=1194384017494&set=t.1197391801&theater
I meant to say that I have 12 squares.
Maybe I just need to think about it on a month other than October.
Post a Comment