Friday, April 16, 2010

Mary Smithies sampler

I finally finished my Mary Smithies sampler. Not the best picture since it's from my phone, but I'll get a good one after I get it framed. This sampler goes along with my latest fascination of Civil War era samplers. I fell in love with this pattern, got into a bidding war on eBay and paid entirely too much for it, and then found I could have driven 10 minutes to Shepherd's Bush and bought the pattern there for much less. Oh well, live and learn!

I had to have this one because not only did it fit the Civil War criteria for the dateline (well, close enough!) but also since it was finished in Utah and the original hangs in the Daughter of Utah Pioneers museum in Salt Lake City.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Julie I new you did a lot of sewing and projects...I guess I didn't realize how many. You are truly blessed with a great talent! Thanks for sharing they are all beautiful. What do you do with the ones you don't give away? Do you switch them out. I would love to do more cross stiching but I don't have any room....I guess I could put them in frames that would sit on a table?