Sunday, July 14, 2019

Ari's blessing day


Today was blessing day for Ari Orion Myler. Chad had asked Doug if he would bless him in our Sacrament Meeting and, of course, Doug was happy to do so. Since we're leaving for Moon Lake on Monday, this timing worked out well. Chad's family arrived late Saturday afternoon and got settled into a place they rented in Layton for a couple of nights.



Since Derek and Shelby were already here living with us the majority of the family was together for church. Missing Matt and Sherlyn of course but I was still grateful to be with children and grandchildren.


Anney's parents as well as her sister and her family and at least one of her brothers were all at the meeting as well as some of Chad's and Anney's friends. It's always nice to have support of family and friends on special days.

I wish I could say that I remembered with clarity the blessing that was given but I was half distracted trying to keep Zoë quiet. I do know that Ari was blessed to be a good example to his family and friends. I hope that his sweet little spirit can be a balm in his household and draw his family closer together and closer to their Heavenly Father.

Chad, Anney, Finley and Ari went to spend the rest of the day with the Whale family. Off to Moon Lake in the morning!

No comments: