It’s been quite the week. We had Zoe two days is a row. Thursday was Derek’s normal teaching day up here. Friday Derek and Shelby had a pottery class in Park City. That was part of Derek’s Christmas gift to Shelby. I thought it was a fun and original gift and I’m glad they got to get away for a bit. Derek is a workaholic and it’s good for them to have some scheduled down time. Doug had to work on Friday so after he left I loaded Zoe in the car and off we went to the mall. It was such a rainy day that we couldn’t go outside to play and that was making for a long day. She kept standing by the door wanting to go outside and even got her jacket once! We had fun at the mall. I bought her a pretzel and then went for two laps around the mall to get a bit of exercise in. I used to do that with Finley too. We stopped at the playground and she had fun. She thinks she’s as big as the other kids and wanted so badly to climb up the slide by herself. I helped her go down it a few times and she just giggled and loved it. She’s not afraid of anything! She finally fell asleep on our drive home so I just kept driving around for 45 minutes while she slept. We stopped at a Chinese restaurant where she charmed all the customers and staff. She loved the fried rice (well, she just loves food in general) and it was a good way to kill some time before heading back home.We were able to go outside for a short time on Thursday between rainstorms (and yes, I’m officially sick of the gray, gloomy and wet weather). I pulled out the sidewalk chalk and she caught on quickly and liked to draw on the driveway. She also found some rocks in the backyard and was having fun playing with those. I think all kids are genetically wired to like dirt and rocks.
I knew that I’d have work every day of the week but had also planned on getting a lot of sewing done. My plan was to work every morning/early afternoon and then sew every late afternoon/evening. Well, best laid plans. On Sunday my right wrist started aching and by Tuesday it was swollen twice its size and very painful and I had to put my immoblization splint on. This happens periodically with both wrists. It only lasts a few days but it’s very painful when it happens. I think it’s a form of gout. I know I have pseudogout in my knees (pseudogout meaning calcium deposits rather than uric acid deposits in regular gout) and so it makes sense that it’s in my wrists as well. At any rate, it was hard trying to do everything left-handed and I kept having to ask Doug to do things for me. I’m independent and don’t like to ask for help but it was necessary. I did very little typing and couldn’t sew at all so there went the best laid plans. It was finally feeling almost back to normal by Friday but I was busy with Zoe all day so couldn’t work or sew then. Like I said, best laid plans!
Saturday morning I had planned to go to breakfast with Pam, Denae and Jerri. I told them that I had to work and so we needed to stay close. It’s hard to merge our schedules sometimes and so we have to take a few hours here and there where we can. I woke up feeling lousy but I had cancelled on them in January when we were supposed to get together for Jerri’s birthday so didn’t want to cancel again. We went to Warren’s in West Roy and it was nice to talk and catch up again. I didn’t feel good for several hours but still had to do laundry, work, etc and so it was a busy day. Finally started feeling human around 7PM so after Doug got home and we ate I sat back down and worked for a couple hours before bed. Next week will be busy too. I’m hoping for the work in the morning/sew in the evening plan but who knows what the week will bring!
Doug has felt lousy all week which added another layer to the craziness of the week. He missed work on Wednesday and missed choir Thursday night and this morning. Hopefully he’ll start feeling better soon. We need some sun and nice weather so I can throw open these windows and clear the germs out of this house. It seems like it’s one virus after another here lately and neither one of us has felt 100% for a long time.
I basically slept the day away today but I think that was my body’s way of catching up a bit. I didn’t even get out of bed until nearly 10AM this morning (I love having the late church meeting!) We went to church, came home and had some lunch and then I went downstairs and fell asleep for a long time, well over two hours. I usually try and kick back on a daily basis but rarely sleep more than 15-20 minutes so I guess my body needed the rest after a long week.



No comments:
Post a Comment