Thursday we had Zoe again and the weather cooperated that day after being ugly all day on Wednesday. We were able to take her outside and play for a while. She just loves exploring all over the backyard and wants to get all the balls (“ball-ball”) out of the shed. After her nap we took her to the library which was fun. She’s not really into books yet but it’s never too early to teach the little ones about books and libraries. She liked seeing the birds there (two parakeets in a cage).
Last night Derek and Shelby went to the theatre and so brought Zoe here around 6:30. She was starving so I hurried dinner up a bit and she had pretty much finished by the time Doug got home around 7:20. It was fun to have her here again. We played for a bit and then I put her down at 8:15. Shelby said she might cry for 30-45 minutes but she didn’t cry at all. She did talk to herself for about 20-25 minutes though before she fell asleep. Derek and Shelby picked her up at 10:30.

Today is St. Patrick’s Day so we had our traditional meal. Of course, I cooked enough for the whole family and there were only 4.5 of us here. Oh well, that’s just me! We had corned beef, colcannon, Irish chicken stew, soda bread, fresh fruit and “Leprechaun” cake. It was fun to have Derek, Shelby and Zoe here. I had found some cute foam glasses kits at JoAnn's so sent them to Finley. One made glasses with a leprechaun hat and one had a rainbow on them. We were treated early Sunday morning to videos online of him wearing the glasses, singing and dancing. Adorable! The leprechaun song was something like "You're a lolly jolly leprechaun" while he had his hands on his hips and swayed. I'm thinking this may be one he learned in preschool. The other song and dance routine just may have been a Finley original. He jumped and twisted and leaped while singing "Cuz I'm rainbow man, oh I make rainbows." So dang cute!
It was a fun day with family! I'm not looking forward to future family days when we won't be together. I'm already dreading the time when Derek and Shelby leave and we're left alone in Utah. I'm still glad we have family traditions though. Both Matt and Chad fixed Irish meals today and I texted with both of them so that helped a bit. Thank heavens for texting, FaceTime, instant photos, cell phones, etc. It makes time apart much easier for this mom/grandma to bear.





No comments:
Post a Comment