Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Dreary winter, awesome grandchildren



This winter has seemed longer than most or maybe it's just because it's February.  My mom always hated February and it seems that she passed that on to me. Years ago I found a silly poem that said "I'd like to take February and kick it in its knee!" We both laughed and laughed over that and quoted that every year when February rolled around again. Maybe it's because in January there's still the glow of family and holidays and fun. In March there's signs of spring coming and there's hope. In February it's just cold and gray and dreary! It's a good thing I have beautiful and lively grandchildren to brighten those dreary days.

We had Zoe on the 14th and although it was too cold (and dreary) to go outside with her we had fun. Her favorite book is "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" and I don't know how many times we read it to her. After Doug left for choir we had fun playing with the camera on my phone and taking selfies. Such a silly girl with so much personality!  Shelby sent some pictures of her in her darling pea coat and I have to think that Zoe's expression means she's not too fond of February either!
Finley loves to do "projects" and I had happened upon a company who sends out boxes of projects for kids. Well, it was a match made in heaven. I signed up for three months just to see if it was something he might like. I got a phone call/FaceTime call from a very excited little boy as he took everything out of the box and showed it to me. This month's theme is Rainbows and it looked like there were about three projects to do along with a workbook and a hardbound book to read. Anney is wise and told him that they'd save the projects for the following week when it was supposed to be rainy there.
I had also found a recordable book at Hallmark that I had intended on giving Finley for Christmas but decided to hold off since we already had so many things for him. Doug and I recorded it (taking turns recording each page) and sent it off to him. Anney sent a video of him listening to the book. It was sweet and I could tell he likes it. Chad seemed touched by it as well. I'll have to keep my eyes out for a few more like it, one for Zoe when she moves away, and one for Ari so he'll know our voices.
This morning I had my third colonoscopy. The prep is awful and I'm glad that it's over. Things went as well as could be expected. I live in my own little dream world at times and hoped against hope that they'd say everything was normal and that I did not have Crohn's but sigh, reality is real and I still have Crohn's along with a new ulcer and continuing diverticulosis. Things could be worse though. I know people with Crohn's who suffer much more than I do so I'll just go on and deal with it as best as I can.

No comments: