Anney’s grandma passed away so she and Finley made a quick trip to Utah for the funeral. They flew in early on the morning of Friday the 8th and flew back out early on the morning of Monday the 11th. The nice thing is that they were able to fly right into the Ogden-Hinckley Airport which is all of three miles from us which made it really handy. Since her parents were housing her brother and sister who flew in from Ohio, Anney and Finley stayed here with us. We were, of course, thrilled to have them. We watched Finley on Friday afternoon/evening while Anney went to the viewing, funeral, dinner, etc. He loved getting all the toys out that he remembered playing with here.
We made Valentine’s cookies in the afternoon and he had lots of fun with that. He also insisted on making some bunny cookies too. He had fun decorating them all. On Saturday they left to spend some time with her family but then Anney dropped him off about 5:30 so she could have a girl’s night out with her mom and sisters and go out to dinner since I told her I’d be happy to feed him and tuck him to bed. Doug doesn’t get home until about 7:15 on Saturdays and bedtime is usually 7:45 for him so it was a later night than usual by the time we made it through dinner (he’s the world’s slowest and pickiest eater), had some play time with grandpa, book reading, song singing, praying, etc. A bit of panic ensued when he realized we didn’t have his iPod with his bedtime songs. Luckily I knew what bedtime songs were on there (since Chad copied them from a CD I have) and so I dug out the CD and a CD player for the bedroom. Crisis averted!
It was fun to have them come to church with us on Sunday. Finley was brave and went right into Primary (Venita Frahm’s class). He got a chocolate chip cookie from singing time and so he was a happy camper. Derek, Shelby and Zoe came for dinner. Finley and Zoe kept showing off for each other a bit so not much eating happened but we had fun. I tried to get some pictures of them together after dinner but they didn’t cooperate too well! Zoe kept coughing on and touching Finley so he put the football helmet on for protection! Silly kids! Love them both and enjoyed having them together for a little while.
Doug took them to the airport on Monday morning since I had to be to the doctor for a checkup. I hated to see them go but know that it’s not too terribly long until we’ll see them again in May.





No comments:
Post a Comment