What a wonderful day we had on Wednesday the 7th. Doug and I were able to go to the temple and do some family sealings. The spirit was so strong as we knelt at the altar with a cute little Japanese lady acting as proxy for Zofia Lokietek and she was sealed to her parents. Doug and I both wept as we felt the spirit and the peace that accompanied that ordinance.
As an extra special bonus on this already special day, our little Zofia Rose got to go to the Jordan River Temple open house with her parents. They were invited on a special tour of the temple as Shelby's grandfather had donated the land to the church that the temple is built on. The temple has been closed for renovation and repairs for a few years and is just opening back up for an open house prior to being rededicated. I thought that it was so special that little Zofia was able to be in a temple with her parents on the same day that her fifth great-grandmother, for whom she is named, was sealed to her parents and became part of an eternal family.
Later in the week on Friday we went to the Garden Restaurant in the Joseph Smith building and had dinner with Greg and Kathy. It's always fun to get together with them and talk. As I looked out the window I had a view of the Salt Lake Temple and had to snap a quick picture of it. It was a reminder again to me of what a special week it had been and how blessed we are to have temples nearby.

No comments:
Post a Comment