Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Tending Zofie
Every time I see this little girl I start singing "blue eyes, smiling at me, nothing but blue eyes do I see." (with apologies to Ella and Frankie) Every picture I've taken of her has changed the color of her eyes and shown them as brown. Finally with some natural light and the right filter I captured those gorgeous baby blues. Unfortunately she was engrossed in her favorite pastime of fist chewing, but it's still a cute picture!
I went down to Murray to tend her for about 5.5 hours while Derek and Shelby volunteered at the Jordan River Temple open house. She was so good and I loved taking care of her. However, by the time I got home I was physically and mentally exhausted. Really? I know the drive down and back tired me but still. How did I ever tend Finley for three and four days a week, all day long, when he was little? As I pondered on that I finally decided it was one of those tender mercies from our Heavenly Father. Chad and Anney needed help and the Lord fit me for the task. There's really no other explanation. I know I'm three years older now but that doesn't account for everything. I love my family and I'm happy that I can help when I can. These grandchildren are definitely a blessing from heaven and I love them both with all my heart and pray daily for their parents as they raise them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment