It's always fun to get together with the family to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. We were only a day late this year. There's still no positive connection but we think Myler is an Irish name so, of course, we have to celebrate our heritage as well. We always have a traditional meal of corned beef, colcannon, Irish breads and of course leprechaun cake. This year I added an Irish farmhouse stew to the menu and everyone really liked it.
Of course, the best part of the day was spending time with family. Chad was sick so didn't come and we missed him. Finley had so much fun looking for the "leprechaun money" that was hidden through the house. He's going to be lots of fun at Easter in a few weeks. I wish we could get together more often but everyone is so busy. Derek is practically working around the clock to get his thesis done in the next few weeks. I'm so happy that Matt and Sherlyn are coming in May to Derek's convocation when he receives his master's degree. I love being together as a family and I love that everyone supports everyone else. When all is said and done family is what matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment