What do you do when you have an extra day in the year? Why, you go shop hopping of course. A friend and I went out and hit seven shops in one day. It was a great day!
I was so good and didn't buy anything in the first five shops but then in store #6 my resolve wavered. I've been wanting to do something with all the leftover blues from the log cabin quilt. I saw this free pattern online and really liked it. Store #5 had it made up and that clinched it.
Of course, I had to buy some browns for it along with a few more blues.
The stripe in the background will be the border.
Then there were some nice pinks to add to the Civil War stash. I've seen a cute little quilt by Jo Morton done in browns and pinks. Now I have to search and find which book it's in.
A few kids prints to add to the I Spy stash.
A great new product by Nancy Zieman.
I want to make a Petunia bag and this will really help with all the gathering.
Yeah, I was bad and I've now grounded myself from quilt shops for a while anyway.
The weather was cold and windy and we crept home on the freeway in a snowstorm
but it was worth every minute.


2 comments:
yummy blue and brown ensemble and that stripe will be perfect for a border. Cute pinks too! Shop Hopping is fun, but very expensive!
What fun you had shopping....I think not buying at the first shops let you really have fun when you found fabric to go with that pattern! Glad you got home safely, I don't like to go out when the roads are bad.
Post a Comment