Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Craving sunshine

I usually sew in my basement sewing room. A room that has only two small windows on the north side, ugly dark carpeting, and even uglier dark paneled walls.
I'm usually quite content in my she-cave however but today I was craving sunshine and then I had a vision!


We added a sun room to the house last year. It's a great room and basically sits empty for approximately 30 days each month. We added it on so that when we had family come over we would have a place to gather and eat without tripping over each other in our small kitchen eating area.


The sun was shining in without being too hot, the windows were open and a gentle breeze was blowing, and I could hear neighborhood children laughing and playing in their yard. It was the perfect place to sit and cut these little pieces.

Ask me how tempted I am to haul up my sewing machine and iron....


The primroses jumped in my cart at the grocery store today. I figured it was worth the $5 for the smile they brought to my face. I decided they needed to go outside with my others that have started blooming (even in the snowstorm over the weekend). Hopefully my husband will be thrilled to plant them for me tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I think you should haul your sewing machine upstairs! This time of year we all seem to crave sunshine, I used to have a sewing room in the basement with 2 teeny tiny windows and it would get so depressing when the weather was nice so I moved one sewing machine upstairs into a unused small bedroom so I could sew up there at times. Beautiful flowers!