When we were remodeling the living room a year ago, I decided to get rid of the old disgusting fireplace screen that was nothing but a dust catcher. I thought it wouldn't be any problem to find a replacement. Well....fast forward a year and we still have an ugly gaping hole because it's an odd size and the available fireplace screens don't fit.
I've been putting up with it because I want to install a gas fireplace there and when that happens, we'll get a custom screen/door to fit the opening. Until then, we have an ugly gaping black hole. I considered getting a nice quilt stand and displaying a quilt there, but the stands were so expensive and still weren't the right size.
I finally couldn't stand it anymore today and then a lightbulb went on. A bit of fabric from my stash, some sticky Velcro, and voila, no more gaping black hole. It's not the perfect solution but it helps a lot.
Now my mind is racing with the possibilities of pieced quilts to hang there; snowflakes in January, hearts in February, shamrocks in March.... What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment