Sunday, November 20, 2011

Family > Quilting

It's been a tough few weeks with Dad being in and out and back in the hospital. It's been a time to reflect on the importance of family and to remember some great times together.





In between trips to the hospital and trying to keep up on work and home responsibilities, I decided I needed some sewing therapy time. That wasn't a good idea. I had nothing but problems with this block which is the fourth one in the Moosequilts QAL. Stretched bias seams, cut off points, etc. I finally decided in the wise words of my brother that "it is what it is."


In the overall scheme of things this quilt block really doesn't matter. So it's time for me to get back to the things that matter most, with family being right there on the top of the list.

2 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I think your block looks wonderful and I love the fabrics you used. I hope your dad is doing better. My dad lives with us and we have had up and downs...fortunately he is doing fine right now but I know how tough it can be. Hugs

Bjorge Queen said...

I saw him today and he's doing better than I've seen him in what seems like ages. Very happy and upbeat. (It's hard to believe that he and Warren didn't plan out those outfits to be coordinated ahead of time, isn't it?)