I’ve been so busy with work, so busy with Zoë, and just so busy with life in general that sometimes it seems like Doug and I are just ships that pass in the night. When he’s been home I’ve had work and when he’s been at work I’ve had Zoë, and more work. We finally decided that we needed some mental health time so took a couple of hours to go to Farmington Bay to do some bird watching. We spent quite a bit of time watching a pelican. They’re not the most beautiful birds but it was fun to watch. I enjoyed the family of Canadian geese out for a walk with several adolescent birds following their mother. We got a little bit closer than they wanted us to so they headed to the pond to safety. It’s just always good to step back, get out in nature, take time to be together and enjoy God’s creations.
Friday, June 14, 2019
Birding escape
I’ve been so busy with work, so busy with Zoë, and just so busy with life in general that sometimes it seems like Doug and I are just ships that pass in the night. When he’s been home I’ve had work and when he’s been at work I’ve had Zoë, and more work. We finally decided that we needed some mental health time so took a couple of hours to go to Farmington Bay to do some bird watching. We spent quite a bit of time watching a pelican. They’re not the most beautiful birds but it was fun to watch. I enjoyed the family of Canadian geese out for a walk with several adolescent birds following their mother. We got a little bit closer than they wanted us to so they headed to the pond to safety. It’s just always good to step back, get out in nature, take time to be together and enjoy God’s creations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment