Sunday, July 15, 2018

Family

We’ve been home nearly two weeks and it’s time to get caught up again. I had a dentist appointment on the 6th only to find out what I already knew, that the tooth could not be saved and had to come out ASAP. I came home and called Dr. Cassity’s office and they were able to schedule me for July 13th, which was pretty amazing that I could be seen in a week. Ray Garner, our dentist, prescribed me some pain medication to get me through the week. I hate to take the stuff but sometimes it’s necessary. It’s a blessing that the pain was much more intermittent than it had been on tour and I could usually get away with taking just one dose a day.

I decided that to celebrate my birthday I wanted my family together so we offered to take the kids out for dinner on Saturday night the 7th. We met in Farmington at Station Park since that’s kind of halfway between Murray and Roy. We stopped and picked up Chad, Anney and Finley and then met Derek, Shelby and Zoe there. We had dinner at Couscous, a Mediterranean grill, and then went to the Baked Bear for ice cream for dessert. It was fun to be together and even more fun to watch my cute grandchildren enjoying their ice cream!

Friday the 13th came finally, the day for the tooth to come out. Doug was working a 13-hour shift that day (his second that week, poor guy) so couldn’t go with me. He was worried about me driving home after the extraction but I assured him that I’d be fine. After all, this is my 15th extraction, I’m kind of old hat with it by now. The extraction went well with the only hiccup being my reaction to the numbing agent. I’ve had problems in the past with drugs containing epinephrine but have been okay for years. I don’t know if they gave me something different this time or what but I started shaking violently and it was a good 5-10 minutes before I was back to normal. The doctor was very good and calming and stayed with me but it’s still nerve wracking to not be in control of your body. After that bit of excitement the tooth came out quickly and I stopped by Walmart on the way home to drop off my prescription and so that Doug could see I was alive and well. Came home and rested and then I felt so good that I actually worked for a few hours that evening. I only took one dose of the pain medication as soon as I got home and haven’t taken anything since. It’s been such a relief to have that tooth out of there!



Today the kids came for Sunday dinner. I love having them here but always miss Matt and Sherlyn too. I couldn’t eat much that I had prepared since my extraction site is still healing but everyone else ate lots and enjoyed it so that made me happy. I snapped a quick picture of Finley before he left. We bought him a knight and horse toy in Vancouver and then I found a cute orange shirt for him so wanted a picture. After they left we took Zoe outside and took several pictures of her. She was so very tired, she’s teething again, but looked so cute in the beautiful dress her Grandma and Grandpa Ostler brought home from Scotland for her.


No comments: