I love being able to get together with my family once a month for dinner. We like to celebrate everyone's birthday and since I get tired of planning menus I have the birthday person choose the menu for the day. With both Anney and Shelby having birthdays in April I usually have one of them choose for May and one for June. It was Shelby's turn to choose today and she asked for a green salad, meatballs and a chocolate cake. I made Italian turkey meatballs from scratch and served them with buns (for sandwiches) and polenta. The cake turned out to be a disaster though! I've made it several times before but this time we just greased the bundt pan instead of spraying it. Well....it came out in about 50 pieces. I was just going to throw it away and make a new one but decided that it would still taste okay so Doug made ganache for it and poured it over the top of the crumbs and chunks and while it looked awful, it tasted wonderful and disappeared! I also made a rhubarb crisp since the rhubarb plants are huge this spring. Both desserts disappeared quickly along with some vanilla ice cream.
I had fun playing with the kids and of course snapping some pictures. Zofia Rose is nearly six months old and is sitting well now and so we took some pictures of her out on the grass. Finley, however, was a different story. He was busy being a super hero and looking for bad guys so he could save the world. Therefore it was a bit harder to get a picture of him. Super heroes rarely stop moving you know!
No comments:
Post a Comment