We splurged and rented three cabins so everyone could have their own. We're in cabins 7, 8 and 9 right in a row. We got here a little after 2:00. Our cabin wasn't ready yet so we took the kayaks down to drop them on the beach. Ha! There's NO beach. The lake is so full. Actually Derek and Doug explored and found a small section so I'll have to go see it tomorrow. Today was mostly getting settled in. We were in charge of dinner tonight so cooked brats and hot dogs over the fire. I also brought watermelon, veggies, hummus, crackers, etc and of course we have to pull out the s'more fixings. The kids played volleyball after dinner while Doug entertained Finley in the sandbox. I took pictures of course but then sat in my chair and listened to my family laughing and having fun, watched Doug in heaven playing with his little boy, listened to the quaking aspen trees rustling and the squirrels chattering and thought, "God's in His heaven, all's right with the world." It would be perfect if only Matt and Sherlyn were here.
After marshmallows Chad and Anney took their dirty little boy back to the cabin to get him ready for bed. Derek and Shelby taught us a new dice game called Farkle. It's fun and we had a good time but everyone was tired so we just played one game. I still had to inject my Bydureon so we called it a night. Doug's been asleep for an hour but unfortunately I'm wide awake. Oi vey. Still, a wonderful start to our Moon Lake 2017 adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment