Thursday, June 29, 2017

Leaving paradise


Up early to take advantage of the last few hours at my happy place. I don't know if anyone else is awake although I think I got a whiff of bacon when I passed by Chad and Anney's cabin. I walked for a bit, found a log to sit on, and said goodbye to the lake while pondering on the last few days and the past several years. It's so refreshing to come to a place that almost seems timeless. Not much has changed in the 50+ years I've been coming and I hope nothing changes in the next 50 years. It's great to disconnect from the busy world and find a place of solitude and beauty where you can reconnect with family and take time to ponder on priorities which seem to get really muddled in day to day busy living.

Within 30-45 minutes there will be scurrying and a bustle of activity while everyone packs up for our return to reality. I think I'm just going to drink in the peace for a few more minutes.

No comments: