Saturday, November 2, 2013

Jozefa!


It was a wonderful day to visit the Family History Library in Salt Lake City yesterday.
The weather could not have been more perfect.
I wanted to see if I could confirm some of the information that my newly found cousin Mirka (Miroslawa) had sent me from Poland. 
There aren't many records available from Poland but I was able to find a few things such as the birth record for Josepha (Jozefa) Bugaj in 1870. It is written in Latin which is why the name spelling differs from the the spelling Mirka gave me. 


It's such a joy to me to search through these wonderful old records. I also found the birth record for Marianna Bugaj who was known by Mirka as Maria.  She was born in 1875 in Wilkowyja.

I found and confirmed much more information on this trip.
It's still amazing to me, and a blessing, that I can travel 30 miles and be able to view records from all over the world. 

I saw a sweatshirt on a lady in the library. It read:
"Only God and genealogists can make a tree."  
It made me smile since I'm always quoting the original poem that only God can make a tree.

I'll keep working on my tree!

No comments: