The bag lady returns, this time with a couple of rag tote bags.
I'm happy with the way this one turned out. I absolutely love the button I found. It looks to me like it was made to go with this fabric line.
I had a brain freeze in the middle of the project though and remembered that I'd forgotten to put pockets in the bag. So I made a little zippered pouch to go with the bag.
I'm not at all happy with this one. Although I remembered to put pockets in, nothing else seemed to work out right. The fabrics didn't fray like they should have and the overall look isn't what I had in mind.
The back of the blue fabric is actually almost white and it doesn't look very nice where it peeks through on the raggy seams. I'm hoping, in time and with use, that the edges will fray better.
It's frustrating when that vision in your head doesn't translate itself into the finished product. Oh well. As my dear mother would have said (or sung loudly!) Que sera, sera!
1 comment:
I think both bags and cute pouch look wonderful! I know what you mean though when you visualize something and it doesn't turn out the same way.....looking at a box of odd things.....
Post a Comment