I think I walk a very fine line. It's obvious that I've become enamored of collecting 30s prints for my grandmother's garden table runner. The pattern shows 25 flowers and since I didn't want duplicates I naturally had to buy 25 different prints. Naturally. Then I had to buy various yellow prints for the centers. The problem is that every time I walk into a quilt shop I'm drawn by some invisible magnetic force to the 30s reproduction section. There are always a few I need to add to my collection. Just a few. At last count I had 83 different 30s reproduction prints and I'm sure there are more out there calling my name. Hobby or obsession?
I'm afraid to count how many Civil War reproduction pieces I have. I've only been collecting 30s prints for about four months. I've been collecting Civil War prints for three years....
I've found the perfect project to marry my obsession with making hexagons and my fascination with Civil War prints. After I finish the 3000 or so hexagons needed for my 30s grandmother's garden quilts, this is the next hexagon project. It will look stunning in Civil War prints!

1 comment:
Obsessed! Definitely obsessed. So what are you going to do with the rest of all that gorgeous thirties fabric when you have used the 10 square inches you need for your Hesse? Hmm? Have you thought about that?
That civil war one is awesome! Bt you know you will find an excuse to buy just a little more civil war fabric when you do that one right?
Post a Comment