Our last day which made me sad. We decided to make the most of it and spend as much time with our sweet girl as we could. Doug went over to the house to pick her up and I went to the lobby of the hotel to make some pancakes for her. I knew Derek would have already fed her but thought she might like some pancakes and I was right. She was so adorable sitting on the bed eating her pancakes.
We thought about different things but finally decided to take her to the zoo. It's a small zoo but really about the right size for a 2 year old. Unfortunately it was the hottest day of our trip and we just about melted with the high humidity. Thankfully there were quite a few trees. Zoë wanted to give the otter a hug and enjoyed running around and looking at everything. We had a very marginal lunch there purchased from one of the stands but it Zoë was happy with the fruit and cheese so all was well.
We went back to the hotel to rest while Zoë had her nap and then headed back to the house to eat dinner with the kids. Shelby had made a yummy stew and some corn on the cob and it was fun to sit and talk. We went to a local custard place for some frozen custard which was great. Derek had wanted to go to the location on the Erie Canal but got hung up at school so we just went to one close to their house. We'll go back to the canal on another visit. I'd like to take a boat tour of it plus look around in some of the cute shops I saw.
We came back to the house and read a story with Zoë and then had family scripture time together. It was then time to tell our little princess goodbye since we were leaving on Wednesday and wouldn't see her again. Of course I was crying and she didn't know why but I knew that it would be several months before we saw her again. Thank heavens for technology and FaceTime but it still doesn't replace those sweet arms around my neck!
No comments:
Post a Comment