Sunday, April 30, 2017

Easter dinner and a big surprise!

We were a few weeks late having our Easter dinner this year. It seems to get harder and harder to get the family together sometimes but it's always worth the extra effort.  Luckily Finley is still young enough that we can get away with having another Easter egg hunt two weeks after he already had one at his house and at Grandma Whale's house.


The best surprise of the day came from Derek and Shelby!  I was busy making dinner when everyone arrived at once and there was a little bit of chaos going on in the kitchen. I was making dinner and just kind of said "hello" over my shoulder.  Derek finally said "show Grandma your new shirt Finley." I didn't even really look at first and just said something about him getting a new shirt and that was neat. They finally convinced me to turn around and look and then I saw him wearing a shirt that said "Only grandchild" (crossed out) and Big Cousin! under that. I screamed with excitement when it finally dawned on me that Derek and Shelby were having a baby!  So very exciting! They're expecting in November. Can't wait for this grandma's heart to expand with the birth of another little Myler.  Finley wasn't in a posing mood so I didn't get a good picture of the shirt but it was a really cute way to make their announcement.



No comments: