I've been making flying geese.
It felt like I made about 1,000 geese but it actually was only 120. Nevertheless this took hours and hours. I have a mental block with flying geese. I don't know why, I just do. This particular pattern has you make them too big and then trim them down, one by one, to the correct size. (At least that's the plan....I still ended up with some wonky looking geese). Maybe I shouldn't have been watching a movie (and singing along) while trimming.
I was so relieved last night to finally be done with the blasted geese. I was doing a happy dance in my sewing room. Then I made the dreadful mistake of turning to the next page in the pattern.
There it said that I should make 48 flying geese in combinations A/B and 48 flying geese in combinations B/C. 96 more?
I may cry.
By the time I finish this quilt I'm going to want to encase it in gold and hang it in a museum rather than use it. It's taken much more time than it should have. I do believe it's going to be beautiful though when (if) it gets done.
2 comments:
Your geese look beautiful and I'm sure it will be worth it in the end! Careful watching TV for the rest of them......it is okay to sing!
I love those colors Julie. I agree, for some reason geese stress me out... I think it is the one point that must be sharp. Somehow it is much easier to make a unit that looks like that with two HST than it is to make an actual goose, but that is a lazy man's way so I won't let myself do it most of the time. Good luck with the 96 more!
Post a Comment